University City District
No-Cost EMT Training Through the Skills Initiative
Who should apply?
Goal-oriented, motivated individuals who want to train as Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs). Participants must commit to a full-time training schedule (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm, 8/20/2019-12/31/2019).
Are you eligible?
All applicants must:
- live in Philadelphia
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- hold an active, valid PA driver’s license
- read at a 10th grade level or higher
- be physically fit
- have high-quality people skills
- be committed to train full-time during the day
In this program, we offer:
- EMT certification training (a $1,000 value) costs covered by WPSI.
- A weekly stipend while in training.
- Cutting-edge job connection strategies resulting in over 90% of WPSI graduates finding employment.
- The opportunity to interview for open positions within the Philadelphia Fire Department upon successful completion of the program and NREMT exam.
- An accelerated connection to a career you love and the life you want!
What is WPSI?
The West Philadelphia Skills Initiative is a training program which connects you to the tools, behaviors and supports you need to build a career that can change your life, your family and your community.
To learn more about this program and submit your application, visit http://westphiladelphiaskills.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.