NIH Funding for Drug Abuse Prevention Intervention Research
Posted by on July 1, 2005
[posted from Community Based Participatory Research listserv]
Funding Opportunity Number: PA-05-118 Due Date for Applications: Multiple Receipt Dates – See Link to Full Announcement for details
The goals of this program announcement are to encourage investigations of cognitive, behavioral, and social processes as they relate to: 1) the development of novel drug abuse prevention approaches; 2) the efficacy and effectiveness of newly developed and/or modified prevention programs; 3) the processes associated with the selection, adoption, adaptation, implementation, sustainabilty, and financing of empirically validated interventions; and 4) methodologies appropriate for studying complex aspects of prevention science.
– The total amount to be awarded depends on the scientific merit of applications and the funds available in NIDA’s general funding pool.
– The types of mechanisms supported under this PA are the R01, R03, and R21.
– Eligible organizations include for-profit, not-for-profit, public and private organizations, units of state and local governments, eligible agencies of the federal Government, domestic or foreign institutions/organizations, faith- and community-based organizations, and Native American tribal organizations.
– Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research.
– Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct
Link to Full Announcement
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Volunteer Non-Medical Assistance to Older Americans – Jul 9
- 2021 Opioid Crisis Innovation Challenge – Jul 19
- Community Health, Youth STEM Programs – Jul 16
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.