NFL Foundation Grassroots Program
Posted by Local Initiatives Support Coalition on November 20, 2018
Local Initiatives Support Consortium Invites Grant Applications for NFL Foundation Grassroots Program
The Local Initiatives Support Consortium is accepting grant proposals to the NFL Foundation Grassroots Program that address the shortage of clean, safe, and accessible football fields in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods. Sponsored by the National Football League Foundation, the goal of the program is to provide nonprofit, neighborhood-based organizations with financial and technical assistance to improve the quality, safety, and accessibility of local football fields.
The program offers two levels of support:
1) General Field Support: Grants of up to $50,000 will be awarded to capital projects not associated with the actual field surface, including the installation/refurbishment of bleachers, concession stands, lights, irrigation systems, etc.
2) Field Surface Grants: Grants of up to $250,000 will be awarded to help finance the resurfacing of a community, middle school, or high school football field and the installation of synthetic sports turf.
In addition, a smaller number of matching grants of up to $100,000 are available to help finance the resurfacing of a community, middle school, or high school football field using natural grass or sod surfaces. (Funds from the program may not be used to maintain field surfaces, as all grant funds must be used for capital expenditures.)
To be eligible for a grant, projects must be sponsored by a community-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or a middle or a high school. All organizations applying for funds must be located within NFL target markets and serve low- to moderate-income areas within those markets.
For complete program guidelines, a list of associated NFL target markets, and application instructions, see the LISC website.
Deadline: January 31, 2019
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Grants for Families of Frontline Healthcare Workers Impacted by COVID-19 – May 15, 2021
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation: Future of Higher Learning in Prison – Aug 21
- 2021 Senior Corps RSVP Competition – Sep 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.