Next Steps AmeriCorps Program Manager, PHENND
Posted by PHENND on August 11, 2020
PHENND seeks a program manager for our Next Steps AmeriCorps Program
Overview: Manage all aspects of the Next Steps AmeriCorps Program including the recruitment, selection, and management of AmeriCorps members; manage documentation and ensure compliance with federal grant guidelines; communicate regularly with broad set of stakeholders; plan and execute multiple events for member development and direct service; provide guidance and coaching to three full-time AmeriCorps members on as many partner campuses; provide guidance to part-time members; complete quarterly progress reports; and attend trainings and webinars required by the funder.
– A Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
– AmeriCorps experience preferred
– Candidates with a background in education preferred
– Proven record of setting high expectations and holding self and team accountable for performance goals
– Aptitude for developing diverse talent through performance plans, reviews, and leadership opportunities
– Commitment to and experience with community service, national service, and/or the development of young people as leaders, particularly through mentoring
– Efficient time management skills: ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects independently
– Detailed-oriented – capable of managing specific documentation for compliance and accountability
– Passion for education, youth development and college access & success
– Attitude essentials: growth mindset, passion for PHENND’s mission, detail-oriented, committed to teamwork, grit and resilience
Applications accepted through August 21st. Target start date of September 15th.
This position is contingent on grant funding which is renewed year to year.
To apply, go through the required steps on the Penn HR website. See: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3440-Market-Street/Next-Steps-Program-Manager_JR00022685
Note, this position is remote to start and once deemed safe to do so, will relocate to our office in University City. At that time, it will be expected that the person in this position lives in the Greater Philadelphia region.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Webinar: Global-Local Curricular Connections and Experiential Education – Oct 16
- Service Stories: Episode 8
- Service Stories: Episode 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.