New Website for Bringing Theory to Practice
Posted by Bringing Theory to Practice on September 29, 2020
BT2P is excited to announce the launch of our brand new website. We’ve totally revamped its structure and its look and feel. As we begin a new chapter of BT2P at Elon University, we wanted to redesign our digital home as well.
We’ve designed the website to be simpler, more streamlined, and more intuitive to navigate. At the same time, we wanted it to express our commitment to the core purposes of education, to the need and the opportunity for change, and to the educators and change-makers with whom we work. We also wanted it to convey the joy and creativity of that work.
The “we” of this website is not our office here at Elon. It’s that larger community of educators and change-makers –– you. On this new website, we hope that you find not only information but also connection and that you’ll contribute your own work –– your teaching, projects, writing, energy, and voice.
A Quick Tour
While we encourage you to explore, here’s a bit of what you can expect.
- The homepage begins with a brief, serial portrait –– in both images and words –– of our identity and purpose. Below that are icons for six core priorities, each linking to examples of how we champion these areas. You’ll find the same links to Priorities on the top navigation bar.
- Who We Are introduces you to our national community, our team, our home here at Elon, and our Advisory Board. It also links to a brief history of our previous work.
- The Work gives an overview of key initiatives, including our collaboratories and grants. It links to a searchable database of projects that BT2P has supported (the database will eventually include more than 500 projects, but we’ve only made a start for now). Finally, you can browse research findings, case studies, and assessment in the section titled What Have We Learned?
- Ideas offers links to our publications (most downloadable for free) and the full run of our Newsletters and Bringing It letters. It also introduces the BT2P Blog, a new space for reflection, argument, and visioning. Please consider contributing news for Bringing It and essays for the blog, and check out the important blog posts by our friends Brian Murphy and Randy Bass.
- Connect offers information about news and events, as well as announcements of BT2P grant opportunities. It is also a place for your suggestions about BT2P initiatives and your own calls to the larger BT2P community.
Seven Things You Can Do With the Website
- Explore it.
- Sign up for our contact list in the footer.
- Tell us what you want to see, hear, and read.
- Tell us what you want BT2P to do or support.
- Write a post for Bringing It or an essay for the BT2P Blog.
- Share the website (and this announcement) with your network.
- Send your suggestions, ideas, drafts, calls, and concerns to email@example.com.
Explore the new website: https://bttop.org/
More in "New Resources"
- New Report: Gender Disparities in Financial Well-Being
- Student-run Civic Engagement Group – Social Action Accomplishments
- America’s Town Hall Program, National Constitution Center: Archived Programs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.