New Publications from the National Service Resource Center
Posted by on April 19, 2002
NEW on the NSRC website:
We have three exciting new online documents available at http://www.etr.org/nsrc/online_docs.html
1) Stages of Group Development for AmeriCorps and Other National Service Programs This resource depicts five stages teams and groups go through during their service year – Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing, and Adjourning. Includes tips for both members and staff on how to deal with common problems and take advantage of group dynamic opportunities. Developed by Charlie Ford, with contributions from Diane Cabrales and Emilio N. Williams. At the moment we are out of stock of the popular poster-size version of this resource so we are making this electronic version available.
Look for the yellow “new” icon under the AmeriCorps documents at http://www.etr.org/nsrc/online_docs.html#ac
2) After School Alert Issue Brief on Afterschool and Service Learning
3) After School Alert Issue Brief on Community Service and Volunteerism
These two Issue Briefs were created by the Afterschool Alliance in order to foster afterschool programs’ involvement in service-learning and community service. They give readers a quick idea of how afterschool can intersect with service. In just two pages the briefs cite research, give concrete examples, and provide compelling quotes. These are great resources for “making the case for service” to partners or other stakeholders who need more information.
Please go to http://www.etr.org/nsrc/online_docs.html#tipsheets to see these and all of our Out-of-School Time documents.
More in "New Resources"
- Videos on Voting by Mail
- New Issue: Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement
- Public Policy Lab COVID-19 Policy Briefs, Temple University
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.