School District of Philadelphia
New Partner Onboarding Guide
We all have a part to play in educating the children of Philadelphia. That’s why we’re so excited to share this resource guide to help potential partners from all over the city identify opportunities to serve our students and our schools, and to understand the guidelines and requirements in place to ensure the safety and protection of all our children and youth. This document is intended to guide potential partners through the processes associated with becoming an approved School Partner, and also to help these organizations find the best match for their strengths and the needs of schools and students.
What are School Partners?
The School District of Philadelphia (District) defines School Partners as organizations that:
● Exist as formal entities, which include nonprofit organizations, private corporations, and government agencies.
● Are capable of providing high-quality and ready-to-implement programs or services within District school communities.
● Can offer their programs or services at no cost to the District or its schools.
By contrast, School Partners DO NOT include:
● Individual volunteers. If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, please visit the United Way’s volunteer portal at http://volunteer.unitedforimpact.org/.
● Organizations seeking funding from the District or wishing to charge schools or students for their programs or services.
● Researchers not associated with School Partner programs or services. If you are interested in research opportunities, please visit the Office of Research and Evaluation’s site at https://www.philasd.org/research/.
View the entire Onboarding Guide here:
More New Resources
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.