New for Teachers: Earthforce Training
WELCOME TO EARTH FORCE!
A grant from the Department of Environmental Protection will help bring Earth Force to you! As a member of Earth Force you will get:
* A comprehensive framework that incorporates the best practices in environmental science, service-learning and civics education, meets multi- disciplinary and service learning project requirements and addresses PA Academic Standards!
* A teacher?s guide and student materials that includes a student manual and skill-building tips cards to help your students learn those important skills assessed by the PSSA!!
* Thirty (30) Act 48 professional activity hours (one professional development credit) awarded to those educators who attend training and complete a project with their students!
* Two days of initial training in the Earth Force problem-solving process. Our workshop participants consistently rate our training sessions as “outstanding”.
* An optional third day of step-by-step training on the technical aspects of water quality monitoring and stream analysis. Water quality monitoring kits will be made available to those educators who attend this third day of training.
* Support from Earth Force via telephone and internet and the resources available through our many expert and community partner organizations to help you implement the process in your classroom.
* Collegial support through network meetings, professional development workshops, and an annual teacher summit. And you will receive recognition for your hard work! Our teachers are amazing!
“I have classes that range from mentally gifted to learning disabled. The materials allow all of my students to feel valued because they can help one another succeed like never before. Without Earth Force, none of this would be possible. They made the impossible, possible.”
?Kathleen Lee, Turner Middle School
Two Day Workshop/LUNCH INCLUDED! August 5th and 6th Time :
Place: John Heinz Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
Cusano Environmental Education Center
8601 Lindbergh Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19153
**EDUCATORS MUST APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO THIS WORKSHOP AND PROGRAM!!
For more information, contact Jean Wallace at Director of Education at 215-884-9888.
More New Resources
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.