Neighbors In Action Program: Do you need volunteers?
Posted by on May 9, 2003
May 7, 2003
Dear Block Captains and CDCs:
I am writing to give you more information about Philadelphia Cares’ Neighbors in Action program. Every Saturday from 9:00am- 12:00pm, April through November, Philadelphia Cares organizes volunteers to help remove blight and maintain our residential neighborhoods – block by city block.
Philadelphia Cares has formed a partnership with the City of Philadelphia and the Philadelphia More Beautiful Committee, to revitalize our community by picking up trash, removing graffiti, and beautifying city gardens. By working hand-in-hand with neighborhood residents, we can make our city’s neighborhoods SAFER and BETTER places to live.
We’d like to invite you to participate in Neighbors In Action by registering with us as a volunteer site. As a site on our roster, volunteer teams can be assigned to participate in your block clean up. To register your block, please fill out a Count Us In Form, and simply FAX the form to 215-564-4543. Forms can be obtained by contacting Philadelphia Cares at 215-564-4544.
Here’s how it works:
* Each registered cleanup takes place on a Saturday according to the Philadelphia More Beautiful Committee schedule – rain or shine!
* As the Block Captain, you are required to rally the neighbors in your community and pre-register them on a “Count Us In” form. Remember, Philadelphia Cares volunteers serve only as a supplement to your core cleanup crew.
* As volunteer teams call in to Philadelphia Cares offices, they will be assigned a work site – your block!
* Philadelphia Cares can help you make arrangements for tools and supplies as well as a trash pick up.
* Share the love! Your block residents can form a team and help out at another site to make the revitalization effort even more powerful across the city. Ask me about a Team Registration form today!
Upon receiving your Count Us In form, I will follow up with you to secure your dates. Because securing a Neighbors in Action site is so popular across the city, registration will be limited to two sites per week and secured on a first-come first-served basis. Register early!
Philadelphia Cares is ready… together, we can make a difference in Philadelphia neighborhoods! I look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call at 215-564-4544.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- MASK ON! Philly Project – Volunteers Needed
- Bethesda Project – Remote Volunteer Opportunities
- Summer of Census – partners needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.