Need In Deed
Need in Deed Network Summer Institute for 3rd-8th Grade Teachers
Need in Deed Now Accepting Applications for 3rd Through 8th Grade Teachers
Need in Deed provides professional development for 3rd-8th graders teachers in Philadelphia schools. We provide FREE training and support to bring service-learning to classrooms. Using our My Voice framework, students learn practical applications for what they are studying in the classroom and engage in meaningful service in their schools and communities.
Our program support includes approximately 35 hours of collaborative formal training over the course of the year: including a 2-day institute in the summer and monthly 2 hour meetings. Teachers also receive one-on-one project support and coaching throughout the school year. Teachers who apply and are accepted join a network of professionals dedicated to bringing service-learning to their classroom.
We are currently recruiting for the 2019-2020 school year. We are seeking classroom teachers who:
- believe in student’s capacity to excel
- want to incorporate student voice into their classroom
- want to teach core curriculum standards in a real-world context that is meaningful and relevant to students’ lives
- want to connect the classroom to the wealth of resources, skills, and knowledge available in our city that support student learning
- have strong classroom management skills
Apply now: If you are a 3rd-8th grade teacher click HERE.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.