National Service-Learning Clearinghouse new Google-powered search
Posted by on August 4, 2006
Better resources. Better searching. The power of Google.
Learn and Serve America’s National Service-Learning Clearinghouse is excited to announce a new Google-powered search engine on our website. Search the entire site and get fast results with state-of-the-art technology. The search includes articles, library catalog, events calendar, links, and the Learn and Serve program directory.
Search the Clearinghouse:
This new enhancement to our website provides a number of improvements:
– Search for phrases (e.g., “community service”).
– View documents in HTML/Text (instead of having to have specific software such as Powerpoint, Excel, or Word to open the document).
– View the text immediately surrounding the word or phrase you’re looking for (words or phrases searched for are highlighted in bold in the results).
– Suggests spelling – for misspelled words
– Searches the text of documents (such as pdfs)
– Supports complex “boolean” searches. For example, “civic education”-high will search for phrase “civic education” and omit results containing “high” as in high school)
Please let us know if you have comments or suggestions regarding this or other features of our site.
More in "New Resources"
- How U.S Poverty Could Spike in the Last Half of the Year
- Race and Poverty Tied to Coronavirus Disparities
- eService-Learning: Creating Experiential Learning and Civic Engagement Through Online and Hybrid Courses
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.