National Procurement Director, Resources for Human Development
Posted by Resources for Human Development on June 30, 2020
The National Procurement Director is responsible for developing a strategic approach to procurement for the purchase of goods and services. In this leadership role, the successful candidate will direct the procurement of goods and services for RHD, assist direct reports and the RHD Community with the procurement processes, and develop, implement and maintain procurement policies, procedures and related activities that will add value and efficiency to RHD while maintaining our Values.
The Procurement Director will direct and support all aspects of procurement including purchasing, vendor management, contract management, and sourcing equipment, goods, and services. This individual is also responsible for analyzing corporate purchasing patterns to identify areas where leveraging relationships with vendors will allow us to achieve cost savings, operational efficiencies, or improve timely delivery of goods or services.
- Promote and support a working environment consistent with the values-based culture of RHD
- Provide values-based supervision, support, and guidance to direct reports and identify and create professional development opportunities for direct reports; promote effective teamwork across organizational divisions and departments.
- Develop, lead, and execute a procurement business plan and purchasing system, inclusive of related training and purchasing strategies that establish standard operating procedures for purchasing, monitors their effectiveness, and revisits the procedures for updating as necessary.
- Review purchasing patterns across RHD and collaborate with leadership to identify areas where procurement can be leveraged to achieve cost savings initiatives and/or operational efficiencies.
- Develop and support negotiation strategies to ensure business transactions can be closed with optimal terms.
- Conduct vendor research and maintain database of approved vendors, including minority vendors
- Oversee the reporting of Minority Vendor Activity to funders and other stakeholders in collaboration with VP Culture, Diversity and Inclusion
- Provide weekly status reporting on procurement initiatives and projects through KPI reporting in dashboard format
- Other Duties as assigned
Learn more and apply: http://rhd.balancetrak.com/ADMINNTLPMS06202002
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.