National Family Reunion Conference
Posted by on January 2, 2007
HAVE YOU HEARD???
The 16th National Family Reunion Conference, presented by Temple University’s Family Reunion Institute (FRI) is coming back to Philly…
March 15-18, 2007
Marriott Philadelphia Airport
Temple University’s Family Reunion Institute and the Commonwealth of PA’s Tourism Office invite family leaders from across the nation to attend the upcoming conference at the Marriott Philadelphia Airport in Philadelphia, PA. This multiethnic, multi-cultural conference for family leaders includes interesting workshops, stimulating keynote speakers, wonderful tours, exhibitors and vendors — everything you need to plan an exciting reunion. The theme of the 2007 confab is “A Gathering of Families.”
At the conference, you will:
+ Learn how to plan a first reunion
+ Learn how to add spice and fun to an existing reunion
+ Discover the history and contemporary vitality of Philadelphia
Be certain to read this e-mail message in its entirety to find out how you can participate in the confab as an individual, business, member of a grassroots or community organization, or family association.
CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS & INCENTIVES:
* Keynote speech by music icon Kenny Gamble (The Sound of Phila.)
* FREE ticket to the King Tut exhibit with paid registration by 1/15/07
* Quilt Making workshop
* Scrap Book workshop
* Family Online.com workshop
* Engaging Youth at the Family Reunion workshop
* Vendor Marketplace
* AMTRAK 10% fare discount opportunity
* Complimentary hotel parking
Quite simply, this conference will be packed with stimulating content, engaging social activities, a marketplace full of vendors, and the chance to see some of what Philly has to offer.
–Full Conference Rate, $195/person
–Organization/Family Rate (4 or more), $145/person
–FT Student Rate (ID required), $145/person
–Sr. Citizen Rate (65+), $145/person
–Daily Rate, $125/person
NOTE: Rates above good through 2/28/07. All rates increase by $25 as of 3/1/07.
Register by January 15 and receive a FREE TICKET to the King Tut exhibit at The Franklin Institute of Philadelphia on Friday, March 16 (while supply lasts).
CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION OPPORTUNITIES:
In conjunction with the Family Reunion Conference coming back to Philly, the organizers have needs & opportunities of which you might want to take advantage.
* Moderators & Panelists: The Conference Planning Committee is looking for qualified individuals to serve as moderators and panelists.
Check the conference web site, http://www.temple.edu/fri, for the
complete list of workshops. The deadline to submit names for consideration is Friday, January 5th (or until all slots are filled). For more info, contact the FRI office at (215) 204-8703.
* Sponsorship Opportunity: Do you have a strong interest in family? Are you actively looking for an opportunity to associate with a family-oriented organization that brings together family representatives working to build on the concept of family? Do you have products or services for families? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then becoming a sponsor of the Conference may be for YOU! Conference attendees and speakers come from all across the U.S. These representatives oversee large and small family reunions; have spending power totaling millions of dollars; and are a prime target audience for products, services and family oriented destinations. For more info, contact Bruce Rush of The Marketing Store at (215) 913-2212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Ad Book Opportunity: The conference provides resources and info for families who want to start a reunion tradition, or have held reunions for years but seek new ideas. Attendees receive a colorful, 8 1/2 x 11, high-quality, first-class conference booklet that serves as a memento. It includes biographies of keynote speakers, presenters and workshop leaders, as well as ads for companies, organizations and destinations who want to get their messages to family reunion planners. The booklet is also distributed beyond the conference in conjunction with FRI appearances and other venues. Prices for camera ready ads range from $200 for a half page B&W ad to $1,500 for a two-page full color center spread ad. The ad deadline (both payment & ad copy) is February 16, 2007. For more info, contact Bruce Rush of The Marketing Store at (215) 913-2212 or email@example.com.
* Vendor Opportunity: There are a limited number of vending spaces in the Marketplace for anyone interested in selling clothing, services, or other merchandise that may be of interest to conference attendees. For more info, contact Sylvia Ford-George of Portfolio Associates at (215) 627-3660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE FINAL WORD:
Bottom line, if your family is thinking about planning a reunion or is looking for ways to make an existing reunion more popular and meaningful to current and future generations, then someone in your family needs to attend this conference.
DON’T MISS THIS EXCELLENT EDUCATIONAL GATHERING!
If you would like to have a Family Reunion Institute representative come out to speak to your organization or constituency about the conference, or provide conference literature and info for you to post and distribute (e-mail or hard copy) through your network, call (215) 843-1984 or e-mail UXWORD@aol.com.
SEE YOU IN PHILLY FOR THE CONFERENCE, MARCH 15-18!
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- 68th Annual Conference of the Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies – Oct 11
- PHL AC Alumni Chapter Vision for National Service Event – Sep 22
- PHAN’s 2021 Virtual Health Conference – Oct 21-22
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.