National Education for Sustainability Fellowship Program
Posted by on August 04, 2010
The US Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development
K-12 and Teacher Education Sector
National EFS Fellows Program for K-12 Educators and Administrators
National Education for Sustainability Fellowship Program Overview
Education for Sustainability (EfS) holds the promise of engaging students in learning, energizing teachers, transforming school culture, and connecting schools and communities. Around the country K-12 teachers, teacher educators, and administrators are engaged in education for sustainability and are looking for a network of like-minded educators to learn with and from.
This Fellows Program will give educators the opportunity to focus on EfS in their classroom or schools, learn from experts in the field, and collectively improve their practice. The Fellowship Program is open to K-12 teachers and administrators in both public and private schools in the United States. Fellows will be selected on a competitive basis. To apply for the Fellows program, complete the application form and submit it by August 31, 2010. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
– Offer Fellows an opportunity to engage with US Partnership steering committee members to support their understanding and practice in EfS
– Offer Fellows an opportunity to engage with international organizations and institutions who are successfully integrating EfS into K-12 and Teacher Education
– Create a national network of Fellows to support collaborative capacity building in EfS practice and pedagogy
– Support Fellows in strengthening their own projects and programs
– Offer Fellows an opportunity to participate in on-line training in the principles and practices of EfS
– Document the stories of the Fellows to be shared with a national audience
– Support innovative and creative teaching and learning by the Fellows
– Support professional growth and development of the Fellows
– Work on and contribute to a USP K-12 and Teacher Education sector project or program (related to one of the 2010 goals –see above)
– Participate in quarterly calls with other Fellows and Steering Committee member mentors
– Document personal and professional stories and practices of EfS
– Communicate with other Fellows to build a national network
– Share and showcase work through the US Partnership website and/or webinar
– Help identify the next cohort of Fellows and market the program locally and through their networks
– Recognition by USP as a National Fellow
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Four Curricular Lenses for Centering Community Engagement, Equity, Justice and Movement Building – Oct 7
- Webinar: Democracy in Action: How Can We Encourage and Safeguard Voting? – Sep 30
- Apply to College Together – Philly’s New College Experience – Oct 4
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.