National Community Investment Fund Annual Conference
Posted by on February 21, 2003
National Community Investment Fund is extremely pleased to be able to offer you convenient online registration for its Annual Network Conference coming up in Washington, DC on March 25-26.
With keynote speeches by CDFI Director, Tony Brown, and FDIC Chair, the Honorable Donald E. Powell, as well as panels of true national experts in the fields of
New Markets Tax Credits and delivery of retail financial services in emerging markets, this Conference promises to be NCIF’s best ever.
Full details of the Conference and the registration form are at http://www.ncif.org.
We note several items:
* The early bird hotel rate of $150 at the Hotel Washington in downtown DC is available only through February 25, 2003. Please call the Hotel Washington at 1-800-424-9540 and ask for the National Community Investment Fund rate of $150.
* Early bird Conference registration is available through March 7, 2003. After March 7, Conference registration rates increase.
* NCIF is making special offers to two groups:
– Through March 7, we are offering a one-day rate of $200 to credit unions, other nonprofit CDFIs and community based organizations for the March 26 retail financial services day. These organizations are key practitioners and partners in implementing outreach to low income and underbanked residents nationwide, and some may be DC-bound to attend the Federal Reserve’s Sustainable Community Development Conference beginning on March 27. We hope they will come a day early to join NCIF on March 26.
– Through March 7, we are offering a one-day rate of $200 to National Bankers Association members for the March 25 New Markets Tax Credit day. We hope this will encourage NBA members to add this intensive NMTC day to their DC travel plans for the NBA Conference that begins that evening.
NCIF conferences draw development banking, credit union and other CDFI senior managers, as well as institutional investors, funders, regulators and policy practitioners. As described by one past participant, “NCIF Network
Conference sessions are of unusually high levels of content and expertise, and assume managers want to achieve excellence in financial performance as well community development impact.”
As always, we look forward on March 25-26 to seeing you at another lively event that brings together dedicated professionals for networking and focused discussion of community development and financial services industry trends, best practices, opportunities and challenges.
Very truly yours,
Lisa Richter, Fund Advisor, 773-420-4910
Bryant Woods, Network Manager, 773-420-4792
National Community Investment Fund
- PANO Collaborative Conference – Oct 19
- Truth and Transformation 2020, Beyond Diversity and Inclusion – Oct 2
- Session Highlight: “Impact Beyond Organizational Boundaries: How Collaboration Can Help Nonprofits Become More Sustainable and Effective” – Sep 23
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.