National Art Education Foundation Art Educator Grants
National Art Education Foundation Seeks Applications for 2014 Art Educator Grants
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 1, 2014
The National Art Education Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the National Art Education Association, is accepting applications from NAEF members for programs that support classroom-based art education.
1) Ruth Halvorsen Professional Development Grants: Annual scholarships of up to $2,500 will be awarded to qualified art educators whose proposals focus on the implementation of and other issues specifically relating to the National Visual Arts Standards.
2) Mary McMullan Grants: Grants of up to $2,500 will be awarded for projects that promote art education as an integral part of the curriculum and establish and/or improve the instruction of art in public and private elementary and secondary schools as well as schools of higher education in the United States.
3) NAEF Research Grants: Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded to support research in art education that advances knowledge in the field of art education and that advance the goals outlined in Creating a Visual Arts Research Agenda Toward the 21st Century.
4) SHIP Grants: Grants of up to $500 are awarded to art educators seeking art equipment and/or instructional curriculum resources used to focus on student learning specifically related to the National Visual Arts Standards.
5) Teacher Incentive Grants: Scholarships of up to $2,500 will be awarded to individual art educators to attend training and education programs that promote the improvement of the teaching of art, including instructional process, curriculum, student learning, student assessment, classroom management, or other practices relating to instructional interaction and the achievement of student learning.
Grants are made only to NAEA members, including student and retired members, state/province associations, and recognized NAEA affiliates. Qualified applicants must have been active members for at least a year prior to the date of application.
Visit the National Art Education Foundation Web site for complete program guidelines, information about past grant recipients, and application instructions.
More Grant Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.