Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation
Posted by on December 8, 2006
The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation supports music education and its many benefits through the donation and repair of musical instruments to under-served schools, community music programs and individual students nationwide.
1. The Melody program is designed to provide musical instruments and instrument repairs to existing K-12 school music programs that have no other source of financing to purchase additional musical instruments and materials. If you are applying on behalf of more than one school, separate applications are required for each school.
2. The Mr. Holland?s Opus Foundation accepts grant applications throughout the year.
3. We do not make cash awards. Grants of instruments and instrument repairs range between $500 and $5,000. Awarded instruments may be both new and refurbished.
4. Applicants whose music programs lack institutional financial support and whose students qualify for financial assistance will receive greater consideration. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or returned. Since MHOF receives funding requests far in excess of our ability to fund, only a small portion of requests can be approved, and MHOF may only partially fund approved requests. A decision not to fund a school program does not necessarily reflect on the merit of the applicant school.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps Request for Proposals
- Request for Proposals: Clay, Play, Read Literacy Installations – Dec 16
- 2021 Terri Lynne Lokoff Teacher Awards – Jan 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.