Monthly Sandbox Gathering for Youth Workers
Posted by Sandbox Collective on March 2, 2015
PLEASE NOTE NEW LOCATION FOR MARCH’s SANDBOX GATHERING- we will be at iMunch Cafe in Brewerytown!
Thursday, March 12
You’re invited to the Monthly Sandbox Gathering. In March we will be hosting a ‘show & tell’ gathering where people can share their favorite resources (books, curriclum, training, poems, videos, websites, consultants/trainers) and gain access to NEW resources. Guests will have the chance to map out their current resources and also their current/future programatic and/or professional needs. Then, people will have the opportunity to meet others and build their resource tool kit. Each person will walk away with at least one new resource.
Examples of what types of resrouces to bring:
– Professional development for staff (newsletters, tips from a training, Professional Development plans/templates)
– Post-secondary support for youth (curriclum, worksheets, websites, videos)
– Social justice for staff & youth (curriculum, networking groups)
– Curriculum and program design (print/online)
– Administrative and/or programmatic resources (templates, newsletters, articles)
– Other resources you use in your daily work that you love and are eager to share!
The Goals of The Sandbox Collective: To create an alternative to traditional professional development experiences and to host a forum for networking, resource sharing and collaboration for adults who: work with, on behalf of, and advocate for youth in Philadelphia.
You should join us if these guiding principles resonate with you:
- You use a strengths-based approach to work with youth, families & communities;
- You have an interest in collaborating with adults who work with, for, and/or on behalf of youth;
- You look at your work as a juicy extension of your purpose;
- A part of you wants to create from outside of the ‘systems’;
- You think that work and play can co-exist;
- You are seeking thought/test partners who share similar values abut their approach to working with youth, families, & communities.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Bernard J. Tyson Impact Fund Opportunities – Feb 11
- 2021 Women in Nontraditional Careers (WINC) Institute – Jan 26-28
- New Season of America’s Town Hall Virtual Series, National Constitution Center – Jan 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.