Mochas & Mentoring: Engaging Youth Virtually – Jul 15
Posted by MENTOR Independence Region on July 7, 2020
Join MENTOR Independence Region (https://mentorir.org/) for this INTERACTIVE Mochas & Mentoring Session on Engaging Youth Virtually! (BYO Mochas!)
So many mentors and mentoring programs are incorporating some kind of online elements to their mentoring programs. But developing “online charisma” and sustaining the attention of young people long term in virtual relationships can be challenging. Join us to learn about a few useful tools and talk with colleagues about what is working and not working to engage young people virtually!
If you’re new to our Mochas & Mentoring Series, here’s a quick run down:
- Your participation during the session is critical – we will spend most of the time in small break out groups sharing ideas with colleagues. The conversation is driven by you!
- Sessions will not be recorded – this lively dialogue will take place between you and your colleagues and will be of value to the folks who tune in and contribute!
Date and Time: July 15, 2020, 1-2 PM
Join us and register today: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mochas-mentoring-engaging-youth-virtually-tickets-112021852376
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Seminar: Pedagogies Under Microscopes – Aug 15
- 2020 B.PHL Innovation Fest: Supporting COVID-19 Recovery Efforts in Philly Region – Sep 15-17
- Constitutional Exchanges from the National Constitution Center: Online Learning Opportunities – Aug 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.