Mochas & Mentoring, Aug. 8
Posted by MENTOR Independence Region on July 16, 2019
Date and Time: Thursday, August 8, 2019, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Location: 123 South Broad Street, Suite 1050, Philadelphia, PA 19109
Does your mentoring program work with middle school youth? Do you know how to support students and families in selecting the right Philadelphia High School for them? Are you familiar with the application requirements and deadlines for public, charter and private high schools?
- An overview of the high school selection process
- Important deadlines for students
- What middle school students can do in each grade to prepare for high school selection
- The ways that mentors and mentoring programs can help to make this process easier for students
Join us for this first event of a series we’re calling MOCHAS & MENTORING where folks interested in mentoring can come together, drink some coffee, learn something new, and have a dialogue about what matters to youth, their families, and MENTORING!
Space is limited – Register today!
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Stern Community Lawyering Clinic: Public Benefits Webinar – Aug 18
- Webinar: Latinos in Leadership – 8/19
- Forward Equitable Development Conference Conversation #3 – Aug 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.