Middle School Math Instructors, TeenSHARP
TeenSHARP is looking for middle school math instructors!
TeenSHARP’s mission is to prepare talented youth of color to attend and thrive at the nation’s top colleges. TeenSHARP adopted a research-based, yet unconventional approach of empowering youth to lead a peer level college access movement within their respective communities. To build this movement, TeenSHARP utilizes the largely untapped and undervalued resource – students themselves – to obtain systemic change in our schools.
We are excited to invite passionate and high achieving individuals to join our mission as we transform outcomes for our students. In your capacity as an instructor, you will work to help our scholars approach college readiness and grow as Appliers, Strivers, Starter, Connector, and Givers. Together we will continue helping our students beat the odds and gain admission into such institutions as University of Penn, Swarthmore, Williams College, Wesleyan University, Emory University, Syracuse University, Mulhenburg College, Smith College, Vassar College, etc.
Who: We are looking for individuals to instruct our TeenSHARP students in our College Discovery Program. In this program, the instructor will identify and address learning gaps, and accelerate students in core concepts in 7th and 8th grade math. We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
● Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (or at least 2-3 years of undergraduate coursework completed)
● Strong academic track record
● Able to work with students one on one and manage student groups
● Able to identify and analyze student’s learning gaps in math concepts
● Experience working with a college prep program, college admissions office or an academic advising program is a plus
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Strong active listening and relationship building skills
● Passionate about working with underrepresented students
● Commitment to social justice
Time commitment: Instructors will work between 10:00am and 12:30pm on Saturdays.
Location: Armitage Hall, Rutgers University Camden Campus, 311 N. 5th St, Camden, NJ 08102
Compensation: To be discussed
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.