Middle School DREAM Lab® Coordinator, Baldwin School
We have an opening for the fall at Baldwin to run our Middle School Maker Space, the DREAM Lab®, which is part of our Computer Science program.
Middle School DREAM Lab® Coordinator
The Middle School DREAM Lab® Coordinator serves as a teacher and facilitator within our unique STEAM focused Makerspace.
- Teaches 4-5 sections of Middle School STEAM classes.
- Prepares lessons, materials and tools for hands on lessons and activities.
- Assesses student performance based on regular observation and student reflections
- Manages Makerspace equipment and tools, regular maintenance, and repairs.
- Maintains a safe, productive space accessible to all students.
- Serves as Technology Student Association (TSA) advisor.
- Works to assist colleagues with integration of technology and hands on learning throughout the Middle School.
- Seeks to grow and develop more hands on and experiential learning within the Middle School as a whole.
Teaching experience is expected, particularly at the Middle School level. In addition to the ability to teach the subject material effectively, engage students positively, and interact productively with colleagues and parents, the successful candidate will have a knowledge of and strong facility in supporting students with reading, writing, research and technology skills.
- BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or related experience.
- 1-5 years of teaching experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in makerspace environments
- Experience with a range of 3D design tools such as SketchUp, AutoCad, TinkerCad, etc.
- Willingness to learn new skills as the field changes.
- An understanding of Design Thinking and/or Project-based Learning.
For more information, please see our listing here: http://www.baldwinschool.org/page.cfm?p=872. Click to expand “Teaching Positions.”
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.