Sunrise of Philadelphia
Middle School Coordinator, Sunrise of Philadelphia
Sunrise’s middle school summer programs consist of 1) JumpStart: a bridge program for 40 rising 9th graders, and 2) Career Exposure: an intro to career exploration for 80 rising 8th graders. Both programs are designed to build students’ 21st Century Skills, provide opportunities for them to explore post-secondary options, and prepare them to make a successful transition to high school. These middle school programs will be held at South Philadelphia High School for six weeks, Monday-Friday, July – August and are affiliated with the Philadelphia Youth Network summer WorkReady and Career Exposure initiatives.
Sunrise seeks a Middle School Coordinator to organize and oversee our high quality, middle school summer program operations in accordance with all grant requirements, program guidelines, and federal/state/local regulations. This a non-exempt, part-time, seasonal position that reports directly to the Program Quality Director. This position begins in March, 2017 and ends in August, 2017. The Middle School Coordinator will work approximately 15 hours/week in March, 20 hours/week in April and May, 30 hours/week in June, July, and August.
Overview of Responsibilities
• Coordinate student recruitment and enrollment efforts to ensure there are 40 students enrolled in JumpStart and 80 students enrolled in Career Exposure no later than June
• Ensure client enrollment paperwork is complete and in compliance with stated regulations
• Plan and coordinate field trips and special events for students
• Coordinate program logistics, including snack ordering and distribution, supply requests, use of space in South Philadelphia High School, etc.
• Work with the Program Quality Director to hire and train staff to work directly with youth
• Manage all staff who work with youth in the summer JumpStart and Career Exposure programs
• Practice open communication with program staff and instructors to ensure successful implementation of program activities
• Ensure staff accurately complete payroll sheets; submit payroll records in a timely and orderly fashion
• Provide friendly, professional service to all students, caregivers, volunteers, program partners and monitors
• Ensure the safety and security of all students and staff during program operations
• Ensure staffing ratios and assignments are current and sufficient
• Ensure proper completion of daily student attendance records
• Greet and monitor participants during program; ensure proper student behavior during program hours; ensue students are actively participating in all daily activities
• Communicate with caregivers and family members when needed regarding student behaviors, both positive and negative
• Serve as the Sunrise middle school program liaison with South Philadelphia High School and other organizations involved with the summer program
• Attend organizational meetings as needed
• Other duties as assigned and needed
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Can also be actively pursuing Bachelor’s degree, as long as you have at least 5-years’ experience working in youth programs and managing others.
• A minimum of 3-years’ experience working in youth programming
• A minimum of 3-years’ experience in a management position
• Organized. Strong communication skills. Proven ability to solve complex problems
• Self-starter capable of prioritizing multiple ongoing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of young people
• Customer service-oriented; friendly and courteous manner
• Experience working in or administering Philadelphia Youth Network funded programs a plus
• All employees are required to submit up-to-date background clearances and health assessments before they can begin work
Please email cover letter and resume to Angela Jubinville, Program Quality Director at email@example.com. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please visit http://www.sunriseofphila.org for more information about our organization, the programs we offer, and the community we serve.
Sunrise of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sunrise is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. All employment decisions at Sunrise are made without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability or military/veteran status, or any other protected class as set forth under applicable State, Local and Federal Civil Rights Laws.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.