Mentors available for college freshmen
NEED A MENTOR?
NEED HELP SURVIVING THE FIRST YEAR IN COLLEGE?
Rising college freshmen have the opportunity to be mentored individually by upperclassmen through the Next Steps AmeriCorps Program. The program is designed to assist and support freshmen throughout the course of their first Fall and Spring semesters. Freshmen students who have been part of a pre-college access programs in high school such as Upward Bound, Stepping Stones, Mentor4Philly, Breakthrough Collaborative, Philadelphia Futures and many others are encouraged to apply. This program is for graduates of public high schools in Philadelphia.
· At least 1 hour per week for Fall and Spring term
· Must be face to face mentoring
· Attend monthly sessions on campus
Mentors will assist students in:
· Finding resources on campus
· Managing your Fall & spring courses in preparation for final projects, assignments and exams
· Time management
· Goal settings
· Financial literacy info such as budgeting, managing loans and learning about FAFSA
· And more!
Interested: Apply Here!
Next Steps AmeriCorps Coordinator
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.