Mentoring 101: How to Be an Effective Mentor
Posted by MENTOR Independence Region on April 23, 2018
DATE AND TIME
Tue, May 22, 2018
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
The School District of Philadelphia
440 North Broad Street
Conference Room 1072
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Get the skills and strategies you need to be an effective mentor!
In this comprehensive & interactive training, participants will:
- Understand and apply research-based best practices of mentoring
- Understand and gain strategies for navigating the stages of a mentoring relationship
- Understand how to create a supportive environment, including applying reflective listening skills, and developing and maintaining healthy boundaries
- This two hour training is intended for current and future mentors with the School District of Philadelphia, and mentoring program staff and stakeholders.
Tickets are limited! Purchase yours today!
Certificates of completion will not be issued to participants arriving more than 30 minutes late or leaving more than 30 minutes early.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Forward Equitable Development Conference Conversation #3 – Aug 12
- Drexel: Free Online, Technology Training Program – Aug 12
- GPLEX 2020 Applications Are Now Open – Aug 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.