Mental Health First Aid trainings
Chester County offers Mental Health First Aid trainings
Adult Mental Health First Aid is a new, free public education program designed to teach citizens the skills to help another person who is struggling with a mental health concern or crisis.
Program participants will:
• Learn risk factors, warning signs and the impact of mental health concerns
• Practice the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• Learn local resources for mental health and substance abuse treatment
• Receive a comprehensive, user-friendly manual and certification
Participants are required to attend the eight hours of training from one of the available sessions to receive certification.
• Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Chester County Government Services Center located at 601 Westtown Road, West Chester, PA 19380. Register by March 14.
• Wednesday, March 21 and Thursday, March 22, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at The COAD Group located at 467 Creamery Way, Exton, PA 19341. Register by March 19.
• Tuesday, April 3, 10 and 17, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Phoenixville Hospital located at 826 Main Street, Medical Office Building II, Phoenixville, PA 19460. Register by March 29.
Email ChescoMHFATrainings@gmail.com to register.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.