Job Title: Membership Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Status: Full Time, Permanent
Application Deadline: Monday January 15, 2018
Start Date: Monday March 12, 2018
About the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is a community of local independent businesses that demonstrates the degree to which businesses can build profitable enterprises while serving community needs and protecting the environment. SBN’s mission is to build a just, green, and thriving economy in the Greater Philadelphia region. Since 2001, SBN has been the region’s leading
advocacy and membership organization for businesses committed to improving their environmental and social impact as well as their profitability.
SBN offers a variety of programming to our members and the broader local business community throughout the year:
• We connect members with each other, as well as decision makers, to exchange learnings and best practices, bond over commonalities, and share ideas for how policies and processes could better support local businesses to grow and thrive.
• We promote our members within and outside of our network, as well as the strengths of a local economy and triple bottom line practices.
• SBN advocates on members’ behalf throughout the year to ensure that small, locally-owned, and sustainably-minded businesses are fully supported to start, grow, and thrive.
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Membership Manager to oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of all membership activities; and to work with the Executive Director and the rest of the SBN team to bring the organization into its next growth phase.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic community-builder with an aptitude for recognizing opportunities and strategizing ideas into action; is proactive and results-driven with a focus on quality; has strong staff and project management skills; embraces responsibility and maintains ownership and accountability of his/her work; has an aptitude for interpersonal interactions and communicates effectively in a variety of forums with diverse stakeholders in the business community. Our ideal candidate also has strong analytical skills as well as creative problem-solving abilities; is oriented by data and metrics; and is familiar with SalesForce or similar CRM.
The person in this position is part of the management team; as such s/he is a thought partner on key strategic and organizational decisions.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, and in close collaboration and cooperation with the Programs and Events Coordinator, Senior Associate of Communications, Operations Associate, and other SBN staff, the Membership Manager will be responsible for the following, and other related duties as needed:
• Serve as a strategic leader, overseeing the development, implementation, and evaluation of all membership-related activities
• Ensure the organization meets membership-related goals, including but not limited to diversity, total count, and revenue goals.
• Refine and implement strategies for the cultivation of new members, with a particular focus on diversity and inclusion.
• Refine and implement strategies to ensure high satisfaction and retention of current members.
• Maintain clear and meaningful membership benefits, and ensure their successful delivery
• Oversee the development and/or revision of membership collateral and other marketing materials
• Collaborate with Programs and Events Coordinator, and other staff as needed, to manage and grow SBN’s robust calendar of activities
• Act as primary contact for members
• Oversee all aspects of database maintenance for members and prospective members
• Maintain department budget
Additional qualifications for this position to what is noted above include:
• Demonstrated commitment to SBN’s values and mission
• Ability to be flexible with morning and evening hours as needed
• Ability to work off-site functions
• Experience working with the business community
• Experience managing staff
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience; prior experience with a membership organization a strong plus
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume Brandon Woods, Operations Associate, at Brandon@sbnphiladelphia.org. Calls about this job posting are discouraged.
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.