Member Services Associate, Delaware Valley Grantmakers
Posted by on January 23, 2011
Job Title: Member Services Associate
Reports To: Director of Member Services
Prepared Date: 1/11/11
About Delaware Valley Grantmakers:
Delaware Valley Grantmakers (DVG) is the region’s only membership association exclusively serving the philanthropic community. Through education, resources and networking, DVG serves nearly 150 grantmaking organizations, who together grant more than $1 billion annually. Our members represent the full spectrum of grantmaking entities, including: corporations/businesses, family and independent foundations, community foundations and other grantmaking public charities, donor-advised funds, and individual donors.
Member Services staff lead the development of services for DVG’s membership. This includes the creation and implementation of all educational and networking programs and supportive services provided to members. Another key task is to support the growth and strength of DVG by ensuring the retention and recruitment of members.
The Member Services Associate will support and work closely with the Director of Member Services and other staff to ensure the delivery of quality and relevant products and services that add value to the DVG member experience and foster member retention and growth.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Program Logistics and Administration
• Assist with logistical and administrative aspects of programs and meetings, including arranging for meeting sites and food vendors, developing mailing lists, preparing and emailing invitations, creating attendee lists and nametags, note taking, assisting with program descriptions and summaries, providing appropriate communication after the event and assisting with event evaluation.
• Research program topics and speakers and assist in compiling substantive background materials
• Facilitate member engagement by updating the program calendar, sending timely program announcements and reminders and approving program registrations and tracking attendance.
• Help to update sections of DVG’s website and online community, post relevant program materials to resources and group sections.
• Assist with program sponsorship research, mailings, scheduling and reporting.
• Provide support for member and program-related activities and special projects including scheduling meetings, preparing and sending correspondence, taking notes, filing and reporting.
• Maintain online member database/directory, process member-registration approvals, approve requests for group memberships and provide assistance to members in managing their individual online profiles and organizational records.
• Respond to member requests for assistance, research, or information as needed.
• Support annual member renewal process by helping to plan renewal mailings, organizing board and committee outreach and assisting in follow up tracking and reporting.
• Support new member orientation by organizing colleague and staff outreach, monitoring and reporting.
• Research member benefits/activities provided through Regional Associations or other philanthropic organizations.
• Research new member prospects
• Write outreach letters, schedule follow up and prepare status reports.
• Maintain inventory of appropriate informational materials.
• Help structure and support process to engage board and current members in prospect recruitment by coordinating, monitoring and reporting on assignments and activities.
• Gain and maintain familiarity with regional and national resources and trends in philanthropy and topical issues by reading relevant materials and attending relevant local events.
• Help identify and develop topics and write articles as assigned about member activities for inclusion in DVG’s online and print communications.
• Perform telephone duties as needed, including taking messages, transferring calls, responding to and routing public inquiries as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned, including routine office operations and project coordination and support.
• Special projects and other activities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will bring demonstrated strengths in the following areas:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Skill in working with a diverse member base and exercising discretion with confidential or sensitive information.
• Ability to extract and analyze data and produce reports for Executive Director and Supervisor and other stakeholders.
• Skilled at organizing and managing competing projects with high attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
• Ability and experience working effectively on a team while performing a substantial portion of duties independently.
• Experience working in or a strong interest in and understanding of the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors.
• Strong computer skills, including strong knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and other software.
• Experience working with databases.
• B.A. or equivalent with, ideally, some nonprofit or other business experience.
Compensation: Delaware Valley Grantmakers offers a competitive salary and employee benefits package.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, writing sample, resume and three references by email to:
Member Services Associate Search
Applications should be submitted on or before January 31, 2011
No phone calls or faxes, please.
Delaware Valley Grantmakers is an equal opportunity employer
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.