Math Instructor, Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
Posted by on January 28, 2013
Position to begin March 2013
Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a Literacy Instructor. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” The Math Instructor is responsible for using best practice models for math to plan and lead instruction times during out of school programming for 5 hrs per week. Out of school time programming takes place at the following times: School year, Monday – Friday from 3:00-6:00pm; and Summer, Monday – Thursday 9:00-3:00pm for six weeks.
• Develop and implement age-appropriate, critical and engaging curriculum for bi-weekly instruction to children in grades K-8 that is responsive to their needs and the program’s mission
• Create lesson plans with connections to technology, literacy and other subject areas
• Make lessons creative and engaging for children, showing them how math can be used in “real life”.
• Work one-on-one and/or in small groups with kids needing extra help
• Ability to work cooperatively with parents, high school volunteers, and staff
• Instruct volunteers in their assignments as needed in regards to curriculum
• Implement positive discipline and classroom management structure for program
• Provide copies of curriculum/lesson plans to 21st CCLC Out of School Coordinator
– A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
– Bachelor degree in Education or related field and two (2) years’ experience teaching. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
– Provide current clearances (child abuse and criminal) employment and obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via mail or e-mail to:
Dr. Raquel Esteves-Joyce, 21st Century Youth Coordinator
Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
900 East Howell Street
Philadelphia, PA 19149
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.