MATH Faculty for The Steppingstone Academy (TSA), Summer 2019 (Pre-Algebra/Algebra)
Steppingstone Scholars is hiring MATH Faculty for The Steppingstone Academy (TSA) Summer 2019. We are in search of dynamic educators who want to teach during the summer (and have some fun while doing it!).
Grades: rising 7th-10th
Program Dates: July 1, 2019- Friday August 2, 2019, 8:30a-3:30p
Duration: 5 weeks
Weekly Faculty Meetings: Mondays 3:15p-4:15p
Additional Required Dates: Faculty Orientation, Saturday June 8, 2019, 10a-12p @ Temple University; Faculty Prep Day, Thursday June 27, 2019 @ Penn Charter
Available Faculty Positions: pre-algebra/algebra
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Experience teaching middle/high school students
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more content areas (e.g. Algebra, Biology, English Literature)
- Experience teaching students from diverse cultural, linguistic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Willingness to work collaboratively with Faculty and Program Directors to achieve desired learning outcomes including but not limited to: Implementing cross-curricular instruction, Assessing student academic and social emotional strengths and responding to areas
where improvement is necessary
- Submit a syllabus to Program Directors, detailing course goals and desired outcomes
- Deliver rigorous and challenging instructional material, appealing to multiple learning styles
- Utilize effective classroom management strategies during instruction
- Attend Weekly Faculty Meetings
- Assign homework and projects, providing constructive feedback for students via mid-program and final reports
- Work closely with Faculty and Program Directors to analyze student assessment data and use data to inform instruction
- Work with colleagues to plan and implement program activities as needed
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, two professional references, and a statement of educational philosophy to email@example.com .
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.