Marketing Associate, Interactive Mechanics
Posted by Interactive Mechanics on April 24, 2017
Love museums, tech & marketing? Interactive Mechanics is hiring an innovative & analytical MARKETING ASSOCIATE to support new lead generation and client cultivation.
About Interactive Mechanics
Interactive Mechanics is a digital design firm that partners with cultural and educational organizations on design, development, user experience, and digital strategy. Our team builds beautiful, user-centered digital projects for web, mobile, and in-gallery exhibits that educate and empower.
We’re a diverse, curious, and playful team, dedicated to learning from each of our projects and from one another. Learn more about us on our website and about our benefits and hiring process on our jobs page.
About the position
We’re looking for an innovative and analytical Marketing Associate to expand our marketing and communications efforts in support of new lead generation and client cultivation, implementing best practices, measuring impact, and retooling priorities as needed. This position is full-time (32-40 hours/week), and you’ll report to our Director of Strategic Initiatives.
You’ll develop and manage timelines for our blogs, case studies, newsletter, and external publications; generate and refine content; manage external vendors for the development of photo and video assets; and coordinate with the design team. You’ll build our workshop and webinar program through researching topics relevant to our clients and community, working with our Creative Director to develop and refine material, and managing outreach and promotion.
You’ll update website content and coordinate quarterly reviews. You’ll manage our social media (Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn). You’ll manage our print collateral and swag, researching new ideas and working with our design team to update and expand, and you’ll maintain our existing stock. You’ll ensure brand consistency through implementation of our brand and style guide. You’ll support our business development through research related to conferences, awards, sponsorships, memberships and speaking opportunities. This is a new position, and you’ll have a voice in defining and growing your role and our approach to marketing over time.
Some evening and weekend work is required, as networking is essential to this position, we expect you’ll manage your schedule and hours using our flex time policy.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Experience with web content development and social media management
- Understanding of content marketing best practices and strategies
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple timelines/deadlines
- 2+ years of relevant experience (eg marketing, communications, public relations, or writing)
- Excitement to learn about design and/or technology
- Understanding of our target client base (arts, culture, museums, and education)
- Interest in working with a small, close-knit team in an agency environment
To apply, please visit https://interactive-mechanics.forms.fm/marketing-associate
Salary and Benefits
Salary negotiable ($40,000-50,000) and commensurate with experience. Benefits include flexible hours, unlimited paid time off, health and dental insurance, public transit reimbursement, education and museum stipends, and snacks.
We’ll review applications on a rolling basis, and we aim to complete interviews by the end of May. We rely on blind application reviews to combat unconscious bias and support inclusive hiring.
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.