Marketing and Events Specialist, Drexel University
The Marketing and Events Specialist manages events for the College of Medicine, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies and the clinical practice group Drexel Medicine. Events and projects range from fundraising, research and continuing and graduate education seminars, as well as health fairs for the community and outreach programs for the Philadelphia region.
Marketing projects may involve several channels including but not limited to web, email campaigns, direct mail, print advertising and social media. This position works closely with the Director of Marketing to seek opportunities to promote the College of Medicine with emphasis on the clinical practices and certain educational offerings, but will also include varied projects.
The Marketing and Events Specialist position reports to the Director of Marketing. Both positions have ultimate responsibility to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum 3 years of marketing experience as well as related events planning in a fast-paced environment managing simultaneous projects with competing priorities;
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of event management to include demonstrated success in improving attendee experience;
- Working knowledge of basic market/channel advertising practices;
- Well-developed writing and composition skills;
- Strong computer graphics skills
- Manage and execute events for the College of Medicine and/or Drexel Medicine, the Graduate School and various departments – handling all logistics, event budgets, timelines and ordering;
- Handle on-site needs for the events including acting as a liaison for vendors and attendees;
- Organize meetings for event planning purposes;
- Maintain calendar for the office of all events for the year and communicate to marketing staff regarding upcoming roles for each;
- Design promotional pieces as necessary including advertisements, invitations, event programs and signage, postcards, brochures, flyers and emails;
- Compile and send out the Drexel MedMonitor, a weekly e-newsletter for the College of Medicine faculty and staff;
- Order promotional giveaway items and gifts;
- Manage and track sponsorships and donations to outside organizations for the College of Medicine;
- Manage seating and advertising for outside sponsorship events throughout the year;
- Manage photography for the department which includes scheduling and directing photography for events, as well as for marketing, web and PR use; photography includes faculty and staff head shots;
- Organize and maintain photo directory on a shared drive;
- Perform additional duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please apply online at:
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.