Korean Community Development Services Center
Marketing and Communications Intern, North 5th Street Revitalization Project
The North 5th Street Revitalization Project (N5SRP) is seeking an outgoing, organized, and community-minded individual to join its passionate team. N5SRP seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
Organization and Program Description
N5SRP is a program of the Korean Community Development Services Center (KCDSC). KCDSC is a social services and community development corporation that has served Philadelphia’s Olney neighborhood since 1984. Its community economic development program, N5SRP, enhances the quality of life for the merchants and residents in and around Olney’s North 5th Street commercial district by 1) improving and maintaining the streetscape; 2) increasing public safety; 3) supporting existing small businesses and attracting new, viable economic uses; and 4) fostering community connectedness. For a better sense of N5SRP’s activities and approach to community and economic development, visit http://facebook.com/northfifth or http://ShopNorth5th.com
• Maintain N5SRP’s social media presence, including scheduling updates across all platforms
• Assist in planning and writing monthly eNewsletter
• Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by N5SRP
• Draft news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Prepare social media impact reports
• Assist with special events
• Reports to Program Director
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
• Excellent computer skills(working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm for the mission of North 5th Street Revitalization Project and the community we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 6 month commitment.
Hours: 5-8 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: $500 stipend
To Apply: Send a brief cover letter and resume to Stephanie Michel at Stephanie@shopnorth5th.com with ‘Intern’ in the subject line by Friday, May 4th at 6pm.
The Korean Community Development Services Center is an Equal Opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion or disability status.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.