Marketing and Communication Intern, Philadelphia Community Corps
Posted by Philadelphia Community Corps on August 1, 2016
Interested in being a part of a dynamic, rapidly developing nonprofit organization? We are currently seeking motivated, versatile interns to join our team for the summer! See the listings below for the positions available. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Alex McNeil – firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about our organization by visiting our website: http://www.philadelphiacommunitycorps.org. All positions require about 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably two to three days a week in our North East Philadelphia office. Compensation: These are unpaid/volunteer internships
Marketing and Communication Intern Job Description
The Marketing and Communication Intern will assist the Managing Director in developing and spreading the organization’s brand and messaging. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining the social media accounts and website; creating information packets, flyers and other promotional materials; and maintaining consistent communication with our clients, supporters and advisers.
● Design brochures, flyers, infographics and other marketing material
● Develop and update the PCC website
● Work with sales and development teams to plan, write and manage monthly eNewsletter to customers, donors and advisers
● Update and maintain PCC’s social media presence on a regular basis
● Help with development of PSAs and content for social media and web site.
● Help develop outreach and marketing campaigns to raise awareness about the mission, activities and goals of the organization.
● Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
● Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
● Previous experience in marketing or communications positions is a plus
● Proficiency in basic word processing, PowerPoint, Excel required
● Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
● An effective communicator, both written and oral
● Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
● Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
● Experience with Google Forms, Doodle, Wiggio, or similar online resources prefered
● Must have reliable transportation
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Recruiting Mentors for 2021 Spring Session, the DREAM Program
- Volunteer Mentors Needed, Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
- Volunteer Board Member, Family Services of Montgomery County
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.