City Year Greater Philadelphia
Managing Director of Development, City Year Greater Philadelphia
Managing Director of Development (Philadelphia)
Since its founding, City Year has relied on its corporate, foundation and individual partners to create meaningful social change, leveraging both private and public investors. With a wide range of support from some of Philadelphia’s philanthropic leaders, City Year Philadelphia has a strong fundraising track record and has an ambitious strategic plan for growth over the next 5 years.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Managing Director of Development leverages the fundraising leadership within City Year Headquarters, our local board of directors, and an alumni network to lead a team of 8 high performing development professionals to manage and implement the fundraising strategy for the Philadelphia office. A specific emphasis is placed on managing and building relationships with corporations and foundations as well as with high net worth individuals and prospects in an effort to maximize financial resources to help City Year Philadelphia achieve its revenue and strategic objectives. The Managing Director of Development will be responsible for ensuring the site meets its annual budget of $9.4 million, including over $3.7 million from private sources.
- At minimum 5-8 years of progressive fundraising/development experience with proven fundraising track record that includes multi-year giving. Comparable experience will be considered.
- BA/BS required. Preference given to MBAs, MPPs and/or other relevant advanced degrees.
- Proven relationship manager who recognizes the importance of outreach relationships and partnerships for advancing organizational mission.
- Sales background preferred.
- Management experience required.
- Solid, persuasive writing skills required.
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia donor community preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of young adults in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment.
- City Year/AmeriCorps/teaching experience is a plus.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.