Manager, Quality Mentoring 1 (Full-time, Exempt)
Posted by MENTOR Independence Region on December 17, 2019
MENTOR Independence Region (Powered by Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region)
Position: Manager, Quality Mentoring 1 (Full-time, Exempt)
Location: Philadelphia, PA (with travel within multi-county service region required)
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
MENTOR Independence Region (MENTOR IR) was launched in March 2015 to expand the mentoring field’s regional capacity to reach more school-aged children and youth with high quality mentors using best practices, training, and professional support to achieve lifelong positive educational and behavioral outcomes for youth. MENTOR IR is an intermediary that provides leadership and peer support to dozens of youth mentoring organizations throughout eastern Pennsylvania. MENTOR IR is powered by Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region and is an affiliate of MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR). MPRC seeks a Manager, Quality Mentoring to implement several key services to mentoring programs.
Develop and Deepen Relationships with Mentoring Stakeholders:
- Generate new relationships with staff and stakeholders of mentoring program, mentoring initiatives, schools, and/or other related groups working on behalf of youth
- Develop and maintain relationships with above with intent to engage them in MENTOR IR Services to build mentoring capacity
- Travel to local agency/community sites in Southeastern Pa and Southern NJ to implement activities related to job duties.
Manage the systems for National Mentoring Resource Center (NMRC), Mentoring Connector including the National Quality Mentoring System (NQMS):
- Manage and maximize the NMRC portal and the Mentoring Connector, including the NQMS system.
- Ensure accurate data and timely responses by MENTOR IR and our partners.
- Serve as liaison to the National Mentoring Resource Center and maintain the TA Contract Management System
- Participate in MENTOR’s activities and trainings on technical assistance, NMRC, Mentoring Connector, and NQMS
Execute Consulting/Technical Assistance (TA) engagements, NQMS assessments, and Trainings:
- Respond to, manage all aspects of, and provide direct service to requests for MENTOR IR services
- Engage in professional development activities that promote knowledge of the latest and most relevant mentoring field knowledge.
Manage consultants working directly with clients on behalf of MENTOR IR:
- Engage appropriate and qualified consultants to deliver services on behalf of MENTOR IR
- Execute all necessary paperwork including Letters of Agreement, background checks, and invoicing
Develop and execute processes to ensure high quality services are delivered.
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Attendance at the annual National Mentoring Summit in January
- Support MPRC’s Advocacy, Data Collection, and Stakeholder engagement efforts
- Participate in Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region’s agency-wide initiatives
Learn more and apply: https://mentorir.org/wp-content/uploads/ManagerQualityMentoring2019_JD.pdf
- Program Coordinator, Girls First
- Technical Support Specialist, Temple University
- AmeriCorps VISTA, Students Run Philly Style
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.