Health Partners Plans
Manager, (Project Management Office), Health Partners Plans
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Minority and women are encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free & nicotine free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Manage the day to day work of assigned project manager staff ensuring that projects follow the PMO methodology and are executed from concept through final implementation. Collaborate with the Director, the COO, and CIO in the continued development and maturation of enterprise-wide practices in project identification, prioritization, planning and execution.Manage, coordinate and implement a wide-range of highly complex projects, including business process re-design, in direct support of Health Partners Plans strategy, business unit initiatives, executive sponsors and IS. Collaborate with the Director in developing, maintaining and ensuring use of an effective project methodology and tool set that aligns with the strategic objectives of Health Partners Plans.
- Manage the project work of assigned PMO staff, developing, motivating and maintaining high caliber project managers.
- Provide direction, guidance and coaching to project managers to continuously improve performance and project outcomes.
- Recognize staff members based on contribution and performance.Assist the Director of the PMO in maintaining a positive work environment that supports self-direction, provides the structure to optimize the experience, skills, knowledge and capability of the PMO team.
- Collaborate with the Director of the PMO:
- To continually develop and mature the methodology, toolset and practices of the PMO to deliver quality project outcomes to the organization.
- In developing and executing toward areas of strategic development of the PMO.
- In the collection, organization, and distribution of ongoing status information on key company projects and initiatives. Work to further mature this process and the deliverable to the Management staff of Health Partners Plans.
- Collaborate with the Director of the PMO, CIO, COO and other Senior Management in the development of tools and practices geared towards more efficient planning, prioritizing and resourcing of projects across the enterprise.
- Represent the PMO at the monthly Manager meeting and provide updates regarding corporate projects of interest to the group.
- Participate in and facilitate non-project related business process re-engineering sessions that identify projects as a by-product of process assessment and redesign of new models and workflow.
- Manage multiple highly complex projects simultaneously throughout the organization following the PMO methodology.Activities may include:Work in collaboration with the Executive Sponsor(s) and Project Lead(s) to develop a comprehensive project charter that will outline the entire project from planning to post live support.
- Provide direction to a diverse, matrixed project team which may include other Project Management staff as well as all levels of management.
- Facilitate sessions that define the project’s scope, goals and deliverables.
- Establish and monitor project schedules; analyzing business needs and prioritizing resource allocation.
- Develop and maintain an Issues Log.
- Facilitate sessions that develop a Risk Plan and Communications Plan for the project.
- Prepare monthly reports to track project progress and distribute to stakeholders and project team.
- Organize and chair project status meetings as necessary to ensure that the project sponsor(s), project lead(s) and team members are informed of project status.
- Function as the liaison between technical personnel (internal and external) and business partners (internal and external).
- Serve as the central point of contact for all technical and business issues and questions related to project activity under assigned projects.
- Facilitate sessions to analyze business needs and to prioritize and allocate resources.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with management, external clients/vendors, team members and other groups.
- When required, monitor monthly cost for assigned projects, ensuring adherence to budget and any cost-sharing requirements.
- Implement project changes and interventions to make course corrections as needed.
- Facilitate work necessary to implement an orderly transition of the project to ongoing business and IS support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Job Requirements
- Education:BA/BS Degree.Master’s Preferred.Minimum 7-10 years of direct project management experience required.Proven experience in managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and maintaining outstanding relationships will staff at all levels of the organization. Project Management experience working in the healthcare field is desired.
- Skills/Abilities: Strong communication (written and verbal), presentation/proposal preparation, interpersonal and team building skills are essential.Business reasoning, analytical and critical thinking skills required.
- Competence in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required, familiarity with project and portfolio management software preferred.
- Medicare Advantage Compliance Statement: Compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and laws is a condition of employment. Employees must read and sign, both the Business Code of Conduct and the Personal Standard Code of Conduct, and are expected to perform their duties ethically and honestly.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.