Manager, Job Opportunity Investment Network
Posted by on May 27, 2013
Manager, Job Opportunity Investment Network
The Job Opportunity Investment Network (JOIN) is a collaborative of public and private funders that aims to enhance the workforce system in Greater Philadelphia to better meet the needs of workers, employers, and the regional economy. JOIN realizes this vision by investing in and advocating for industry-led job training programs that prepare low-wage workers for high-demand, mid-skilled positions. JOIN is seeking a detail oriented, thoughtful, and energetic manager to support the collaborative going forward.
Over the last five years, JOIN has built a track record of success and developed strong relationships with government, non-profit, business, and philanthropic stakeholders. JOIN’s past success has positioned it well to manage a diverse set of pooled and aligned funds advancing its mission, develop and analyze collective impact measures related to workforce development, economic development, and education, and serve as a regional thought leader by identifying and promoting best practices. The JOIN manager will build JOIN’s capacity by supporting and advancing JOIN’s work in each of these areas.
The Manager will be based at the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, which convenes and manages the collaborative.
For more information about our work, please visit http://www.joincollaborative.org
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Job responsibilities include:
Budget and Program Management
• Manage JOIN’s federal and philanthropic grants, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of participant-level data and financial statements
o Prepare and submit reports on program activities and progress toward overall program goals
o Prepare and submit fiscal reports for funders
o Liaise with United Way staff to prepare invoices for payment to grantees and external contractors
• Collaborate with JOIN grantees to ensure their programming matches JOIN’s strategy and is constructively responding to evaluative feedback
• Lead recruitment and selection process for graduate and undergraduate-level fellows and/or interns
• Assign programmatic, research, and administrative support projects in collaboration with JOIN Director to graduate or undergraduate-level fellows and/or interns
Research and Development
• Contribute to the development and implementation of funding applications, new initiatives, and projects
• Continually enhance knowledge of best practice information in relevant education, workforce, and economic development topics vital to JOIN’s agenda
• Closely coordinate with JOIN’s evaluation partner to ensure goals of JOIN Investors and needs of JOIN grantees are met
Communications and Thought Leadership
• Participate in strategic partnerships, volunteer work groups, and agency peer roundtables, and other committees related to JOIN’s mission and agenda
• Manage signature communications events, including planning, coordination and follow-up related to annual Innovation Forum, public convenings, peer learning meetings, etc.
• Maintain strong working relationships and communication with public, private, and nonprofit stakeholders
• Manage the development of web-based and distributed informational materials
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Masters Degree preferred
• Experience managing complex, multi-component programs, organizations or initiatives with demonstrated competence
• Record of working successfully in team environments
• Ability to see projects through from start to finish
• Experience in outcomes measurement preferred
• Ability to use databases to track information and other technology to support analytical and presentation activities
• High level of initiative and drive, with a strong sense of urgency and accountability
• Highly organized, with a strong ability to manage and prioritize workload and projects
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative manner, to interact well with a diverse range of stakeholders, and to constructively give and receive feedback
• Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines
• Ideally a minimum of three to five years of experience
For consideration, please apply directly online at http://www.UnitedforImpact.org. EOE.
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.