United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
Manager, Donor Relations (Tocqueville Society)
About United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ):
UWGPSNJ’s mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
This role is responsible for managing UWGPSNJ’s Tocqueville Community (donors giving above $10,000) and works closely with front-line fundraisers and leadership to achieve major giving goals and steward donors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBLITIES
• Support the growth of donor communities, specifically focused on the Tocqueville Community. Support includes building cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for this key donor segment.
• Build an engaged and involved Tocqueville Community, connected to UWGPSNJ’s work.
• Work with the Events Team and Volunteer Engagement Team to conceptualize and see through all donor engagement events and opportunities.
• Oversee acknowledgement process for all donors above $10,000.
• Responsible for Tocqueville programming and annual engagement plan.
• Ensure accuracy of data and reporting in UWGPSNJ’s CRM System, ANDAR.
• Identify new sources of Tocqueville giving and develop prospect solicitation plans.
• Work collaboratively with the Corporate Partnerships Team to promote Tocqueville giving in key campaigns.
• Collaborate with Communications and other internal staff in the development of communication materials designed for Tocqueville donors and prospects (correspondence, brochures, and all printed membership information, etc.).
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• Four or more years of development or related experience
• The ideal candidate is a motivated, highly organized, self-starter who is comfortable working closely and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
• Excellent computer and phone skills are required , including familiarity with Microsoft Office and relational databases
• Candidate must be a strategic thinker, strong writer, excellent proofreader, highly attentive to detail, is proactive and will support the Resource Development Team and their work to build strong donor communities
• Demonstrates required skills or experience on core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework.
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and note: Donor Relations Manager in the subject line.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.