Hope Partnership for Education
Major Gift Officer, Hope Partnership for Education
Hope Partnership for Education is an independent, non-profit organization, founded and endorsed by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus and the Sisters of Mercy in June, 2002. The mission of Hope Partnership for Education addresses the educational needs of children and adults from low-income families in Eastern North Philadelphia by offering services which include a middle school education (grades 5-8), a support system which follows students through high school and adult education.
Mission: To Break the Cycle of Poverty through Education
Position Title: Major Gift Officer
Date Modified: July, 2017
DLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
Position Purpose: This is a part time position requiring experience and success in major gift asks.
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) works closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development (DOD) to actively drive fundraising efforts from individual donors with a focus $10-$50K gifts. The MGO is responsible for prospect identification; research, discovering and evaluating prospective donors. The MGO is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing the individual major donor program to meet the organization’s major gifts fundraising goal and build the individual donor base. The MGO is responsible for direct solicitation of gifts as well as for coordination of other staff and board members in additional cultivation and solicitation.
• Personally initiate, build and sustain positive relationships with key stakeholders (business leaders, donors and prospects) resulting in donor retention and new/increased gifts to support Hope Partnership for Education
• Demonstrate ability to cultivate, solicit, and close gifts. A high level of personal motivation, initiative and creativity is essential.
• Prospect management duties will include but not be limited to: identification, qualification, cultivation and stewardship of prospects and donors; and personal solicitation of gifts
• Sustain annual fundraising production with goals established annually. Identify, cultivate and close on sponsorship opportunities and other support from corporations that range from $5000 to $100,000+.
• Outgoing personality and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors; customer-service orientation.
• Professionalism, maturity, and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Prepare a clear and concise strategy for each stakeholder visit, developing a Purpose, Process and Statement for each visit, recording all interactions in Salesforce.
• Develop and deliver a results-driven strategic framework to increase annual revenue, attract and retain donors and volunteers, and promote year-round communication and engagement.
• In addition to donor relations, the MGO will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of annual, major and planned gift prospects, and for managing a prospect list of approximately 75 key individuals.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
• At least 2 to 3 years of managing strategic donor relationships is preferred; experience in corporate sales and marketing role generating new revenues also accepted preferably in nonprofit sector.
• Proven track record of successful gift solicitation and a strong motivation to exceed annual goals.
• Ability to work occasional weekends/evenings, and to travel locally for donor meetings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to selection.
• Work will be performed in an office environment, and the MGO will be expected to have weekly meetings with the DOD to track progress.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.