M-A-C AIDS Fund
Posted by on February 16, 2009
M-A-C AIDS Fund Announces New HIV/AIDS Grantmaking Procedures
Deadline: March 16, 2009 (Food and Nutrition Community Grants)
Established in 1994 by M-A-C Cosmetics, the M-A-C AIDS Fund (http://www.macaidsfund.org/) supports men, women, and children affected by HIV/AIDS around the world. Following a review of its grantmaking procedures, the fund has announced that in 2009 its U.S. grantmaking program will have two distinct components:
1) Community Grants: The Community Grants program will provide grants of up to $50,000 each to U.S.-based programs that provide food/nutrition and housing services to people living with HIV/AIDS. Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations working to address the link between poverty and HIV/AIDS.
2) Special Initiatives: Through targeted Requests for Proposals and invitation-only special initiatives, the fund will continue to support national and international programs and collaborations that focus on underserved populations and specific geographic locations and that also promote leadership, best practices, and innovation in direct services, prevention, and other areas deemed critical in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
In addition, the fund has announced that it will have two application deadlines per year for the U.S. Community Grants program — one for food/nutrition programs and one for housing programs. Organizations may only apply for one of these two programs each year. However, organizations that apply for and/or receive a Community Grant may still apply for a Special Initiative grant.
The U.S. Food and Nutrition Community Grants online application is currently available at the fund’s Web site and is due March 16, 2009. The Housing Community Grants online application will be available on the Web site in March and will be due on June 15, 2009. Deadlines for Special Initiatives will be announced throughout the year.
Visit the fund’s Web site for further information and to access the Food and Nutrition Community Grants Eligibility Quiz and Application.
For additional RFPs in Health, visit: http://foundationcenter.org/pnd/rfp/cat_health.jhtml
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Selected Professions Fellowships, AAUW – Dec 1
- Soros Justice Fellowships, Open Society Foundations – Nov 20
- Program Evaluation, Brady Education Foundation – Dec 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.