LGBT Elder Initiative
LGBTQ Aging Summit
PA to sponsor LGBTQ Aging Summit in October
Please join us for the inaugural Pennsylvania Department of Aging LGBTQ Aging Summit (link is external)on October 9 – 10. The Summit will be held at the Sheraton Harrisburg – Hershey at 4650 Lindle Road in Harrisburg.
The LGBTQ Aging Summit will feature:
• Kathy Greenlee, former Assistant Secretary of Aging at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
• Michael Adams, Chief Executive Officer at SAGE (Advocacy & Services for LGBT Elders)
• Community Panel – LGBTQ older adults share their lived experiences related to inclusivity, barriers to services and more.
• Provider Panel – Providers who have journeyed in the space of increasing LGBTQ inclusiveness in the older adult community share knowledge and experience.
• State Panel – Members of Governor Tom Wolf’s cabinet including Dr. Rachel Levine, Secretary of Health; Teresa Osborne, Secretary of Aging and others answer questions and discuss current issues.
Regional Planning Session:
• LGBTQ community members and aging services providers will work collectively to develop strategies to promote greater LGBTQ inclusivity in their communities
• Join the Summit attendees and presenters for a networking reception immediately following the programming on October 9th.
Attending Both Days $50
Attending Only Day 1 $20
Attending Only Day 2 $30
Scholarship opportunities are available to older adults who would like to attend but are unable to pay for the cost of registration.
Take me to the registration page!
To ensure maximum community participation, the LGBT Elder Initiative is working to raise funds to help cover the transportation and lodging costs for LGBTQ older adults attending the Summit from southeastern Pennsylvania. If you are interested in attending the Summit, but may be in need of support for transportation and hotel costs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-720-9415.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.