Leadership Team Internship, Puentes de Salud
Posted by Puentes de Salud on August 24, 2015
Puentes Hacia el Futuro Programa de Enriquecimiento Educativo
2015-2016 Leadership Team Internship
Application Due: Friday, September 11th, 2015
Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a wait-list basis.
Puentes Hacia el Futuro, Puentes de Salud’s education and wellness program, is predicated upon the well-evidenced fact that education is inextricably tied to the health of individuals and communities. The mission of Puentes Hacia El Futuro is to improve the educational achievement of children in the South Philadelphia Latino immigrant community in order to improve long-term health outcomes, as well as to provide support in the context of extremely limited educational resources. The purpose of the Leadership Team internship is to take an active role in preparing for, leading, and following up on academic support sessions and educational activities. The Team Leader will work closely with healthcare professionals, educators, and leaders in the Puentes organization, gain an understanding of the social determinants of health impacting our community, and receive valuable mentorship.
● Commit to provide tutoring/mentoring support 2 days weekly: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and/or Thursday sessions from 3:00-5:30 PM (schedule must remain constant for the entire semester).
● Supervise volunteer tutors and Puentes students (approximately 8 adult volunteers and 18 students)
● Preparation, facilitation, and follow-up tasks for assigned tutoring sessions. Take an active role in the guidance, recruitment, and training of volunteers.
● Design and promote positive health & wellness educational activities.
● Build relationships and work with parents, family members, and external resources such as psychologists, and teachers to enhance children’s educational experience.
● Attend at least one Puentes de Salud monthly In-Service training.
Hours: Specific hours, schedules, and total Semester Hours are arranged individually. Non-credit university based internships require approximately 12 hours per week each term: Fall semester September 29 – December 3, 2015 and Spring semester February – May 5, 2016. Hour requirements are arranged individually.
This internship is available to a highly accomplished and responsible college student or recent graduate. Must possess interpersonal skills to join an enthusiastic group that is passionate about supporting the education, health, and wellness of Latino children in South Philadelphia. Fluency in Spanish is desired. It is important for the intern to have a strong interest in building relationships with the children and families with whom we work.
Internship positions are limited and competitive, please apply early. Applicants must submit a copy of a CV or resume and a statement of interest that explains why you would like to work with the Puentes Hacia el Futuro program in a leadership capacity. Please submit your application materials online: Puentes de Salud Internship Application For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.puentesdesalud.org/education
267-714-8048 • 1835 S. 9th St. Philadelphia, PA 19148
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Fall 2021 Legal Internships, Public Interest Law Center
- Summer 2021 Legal Internship, Phila. VIP – Feb 19
- Virtual Volunteer Opportunity: Peer Grant Reviewers – Feb 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.