Leadership Opportunity for Kensington Youth
Posted by Health Promotion Council on May 12, 2020
Health Promotion Council’s (HPC) youth empowerment program, The Advocacy Institute (AI), is recruiting for our Kensington Youth First Spring 2020 (KYF S20) cohort! We are excited to host AI’s first full virtual cohort to keep youth advocates in the Kensington neighborhood engaged in community advocacy.
We deeply value the relationships we have with local schools, youth programs, and community organizations and would like to extend an invitation to your youth leaders living, working, and/or attending school and activities in the Kensington area.
As part of the KYF S20, participants will:
- Identify risk factors in their community that contribute to opioid misuse disorder
- Develop a strategy to start and sustain honest, peer-to-peer and youth-to-adult dialogues
- And leverage personal and community assets to strengthen established, local public health and advocacy efforts.
Join us for orientation on Friday, May 15, 2020: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyNAVtmhyaOo6yo0wZhxJ5Tqa4tWeO9piKONxpAv_mWZpsHg/viewform?mc_cid=aa3b1cb189&mc_eid=6fcf2e1275
For additional information please reach out to Alison Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Call for Partnerships + Community Volunteers: Callowhill Community Fridge
- Near Peer Coaches for 1st & 2nd Year Temple students
- Shelter Health Outreach Program: Collaborators and Donations Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.