Leadership Coach – Philadelphia, TNTP
Posted by New Teacher Project on April 16, 2018
Seeking passionate school leaders!
TNTP seeks a full-time Leadership Coach for our Philadelphia and Camden team. This position is based in the Philadelphia, PA region and is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Across the country, we work to create effective leaders by recruiting and training new school leaders and developing current leaders through targeted professional development and one-on-one coaching. Our work, including PhillyPLUS and CamdenPLUS, provides the education sector the opportunity to learn more about how to effectively recruit, train, and support school leaders over time. In addition to PLUS programs, we partner with local Philadelphia charter and parochial schools and networks to provide instructional leadership development and support for their school leaders.
What You’ll Do
We know that to have an effective teacher in every classroom, there must be an effective leader in every school. As a Leadership Coach, you will work with our team and schools in the district, charter and/or parochial sectors to drive systemic change by creating and developing a shared vision of what excellent instruction looks like. You’ll coach new and current school leaders to operationalize that vision by developing their instructional expertise, management and personal leadership skills to be successful.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Facilitating weekly goals-based coaching aligned to program priorities and differentiated for individual leader needs and context
- Contributing to the design of a professional development scope and sequence for new and veteran school leaders
- Designing and facilitating professional development for new school leaders and current school leaders
- Collaborating with network and district leadership to observe and deliver concrete, actionable feedback to new and veteran school leaders
- Collaborating with TNTP Leadership Coaches across contracts to develop TNTP’s best practices in leadership development
- Serving as a leader in the local educational sector advocating for improved educational opportunities for children
- Transforming challenges into opportunities – for your team, for your residents and school leaders you support
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
- Better Tomorrows: Director of Fund Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.