Leadership and Planned Gift Officer, American Friends Service Committee
Job Category: Exempt
Location: Philadelphia or Northeast Regional Area Office
Deadline to Apply: 1/23/2015
Please visit our website to view full job description and apply: http://www.afsc.org/jobs)
Summary of Principal Responsibilities: The Leadership and Planned Gift Officer focuses on the cultivation and solicitation of individuals who have the greatest potential for supporting AFSC’s programs. The Leadership and Planned Gift Officer relates to donors who require the most deftly carried out cultivation leading to solicitation of major outright and planned gifts, including bequest intentions. He/she must coordinate the involvement of other development staff, program staff, and volunteers in the identification / cultivation / solicitation / stewardship process so that priorities are kept in view, deadlines are met, and duplication of effort or action at cross purposes is avoided.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/training.
- Five or more years of direct fundraising experience, including three or more years’ experience in major / planned gift fundraising with individual donors, is required.
- Experience with capital campaigns preferred. Knowledge of AFSC or a social change organization is desirable.
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
- Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.