Sunrise of Philadelphia
Lead Teacher, Sunrise of Philadelphia
The Lead Teacher is responsible for developing and ensuring high quality activities in accordance with all grant requirements and the strategic goals defined by the Sun Team.
1. Design Project Based Learning and other curriculum, manage implementation, ensure all supplies are ready for activities and put away/returned when complete
2. Support group leaders in implementing activities
3. Support room use scheduling and monitor daily space usage
4. Monitor student participation and behavior, respond to special situations when necessary
5. Communicate with families as needed
6. Organize and ensure all required paperwork is complete for program activities
7. Support program logistics (Snack ordering and distribution etc. as needed and delegated)
8. Ensure accurate and timely data collection and client compliance, work with other staff to create systems and ensure tracking and reporting of student progress and outcomes
9. Ensure that goals of grants are being met and provide data and reports as needed.
10. Identify partnership opportunities and work with existing partners to strengthen program
11. Attend meetings and trainings, share information with staff as needed
12. Provide friendly, professional service to all visitors, volunteers, clients, students, parents and monitors.
13. Collaborate with other staff for event planning, outreach efforts, and other services.
14. Other duties as assigned and needed.
* Elementary teaching degree or equivalent.
* Experience working in a community setting.
* Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
* Positive communication skills.
* Enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of youth and families.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Friendly, courteous manner.
* Commitment to on-going growth and professional development.
Position and salary contingent on performance and grant funds.
Please email cover letter and resume to Kathrine Kushin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.