Lead Developer, Interactive Mechanics
Posted by Interactive Mechanics on February 20, 2017
About Interactive Mechanics
Interactive Mechanics is a digital design firm that partners with cultural and educational organizations on design, development, user experience, and digital strategy. Our team builds beautiful, user-centered digital projects for web, mobile, and in-gallery exhibits that educate and empower your audiences.
We’re a diverse, curious, and playful team, dedicated to learning from each of our projects and from one another. Learn more about us on our website and about our benefits and hiring process on our jobs page.
About this position: Lead Developer
We’re looking for a supportive and responsible lead developer to work with our team full-time (32-40 hours/week) building our digital projects and managing our technical staff. We’re aiming for a start date of May 1.
You’ll lead our development team to build interactive digital projects for web, mobile, and other systems using a wide range of technologies. You’ll be responsible for quality assurance on deliverables, for ensuring that project technical plans are carried out as agreed upon with the client, for managing project installations, and for ensuring that we’re meeting our overall technical goals as specified in our annual plan.
You’ll supervise our Senior UI Engineer and our UX Developer, nurturing an appreciation for best practices through code reviews, pair programming, and regular meetings. You will report to the Creative Director.
As part of project proposals and discovery phases, you’ll work with our Project Manager to create technical plans that consider each client’s and project’s needs, and you’ll support client development reviews. We have a collaborative process for both internal and external work, so you will work closely with other members of our team as well.
This role requires occasional travel for client meetings.
- Deep understanding of coding standards and ability to communicate best practices
- Comfort developing project technical plans and functional specifications
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple timelines/deadlines for simultaneous client projects
- Strong written and verbal communication for client and coworker communication
- 3+ years of relevant development experience
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring technical staff
- Excited to grow and develop new skills in design or technology
- Passionate about arts, culture, museums, and education
- Interested in presenting on our projects at regional and national events
- Interested in systems administration or devops, or hardware, like microcontrollers
- Interested in working with a small, close-knit team in an agency environment
Salary & Benefits
Salary negotiable ($65,000–$75,000) and commensurate with experience. Benefits include flexible hours, unlimited paid time off, health and dental insurance, public transit reimbursement, education and museum stipends, and snacks.
Please visit http://interactivemechanics.com/jobs/ for more information and to apply. Applications close February 26.
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.