Lead Art Instructors, Audenreid High School, Mural Arts Program
Posted by on May 24, 2010
Mural Arts Program, Art Education Department
Lead Art Instructors, Audenreid High School
Mural Arts Program is offering a six week summer art program to youth attending summer school at Audenreid High School, in partnership with the Philadelphia Youth Network. Students will attend summer school in the morning (8 am to 12 noon) and Mural Arts programming in the afternoon (1 pm to 5 pm). We are looking for five instructors to work with a total of 50 students.
• Lead a class of 10 students in art education activities.
• Work with MAP staff to develop a project based curriculum that includes exposure to Mural Arts Program, exposure to community arts, and research and engagement in a larger mural project.
• Inspire and guide students in creating individual works of art and working alongside professional muralists on a large scale mural project
• Background in art education
• Prior curriculum development and teaching experience, especially with high school age youth
• Ability to manage a classroom of 10 students
• Commitment to engaging urban youth in the arts
The summer session runs for 6 weeks, Monday through Friday, from July 6 to August 13, 2010, from 1 to 5 pm. Instructors are required to be present 30 minutes before and after each class. Instructors will be required to attend planning meetings before, during, and after the summer session.
Email a cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audenreid Art Instructor Application” in the subject line. Paper submissions will not be accepted. No phone calls please.
June 4, 2010
All Mural Arts educators are required to submit a PA Child Abuse Report, PA Criminal Background Check, and FBI Background Check, prior to hire, each no more than two years old.
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.