K-16 University Partners Meeting: Music and Arts Partnerships
Posted by PHENND on March 28, 2016
The next K-16 University Partners Meeting will be Wednesday, April 20th, 2016, 2:30 – 4:00 PM at the School District of Philadelphia (440 N. Broad St.), Room 1080. This meeting will focus on K-16 partnerships that focus on music and arts programming.
- Frank Machos, Director of Music Education, School District of Philadelphia will give an overview on the state of music programs in the district and discuss shared delivery efforts through a collective impact initiative: Philadelphia Music Alliance for Youth.
- Deborah Klose, Director of Arts Education for the School District of Philadelphia will speak about the district’s priorities for arts and dance education and where college students can plug in.
- Molly McGlone, Ph.D., Assistant Dean for Advising at the University of Pennsylvania will discuss her Academically Based Community Service course that combines music and urban studies to leverage university resources to support efforts of teachers in schools while teaching Penn students about the ways music, class, and race are tied together.
Who should attend?
• University faculty, staff and students who work with or are interested in working with K-12 schools on music and arts related projects.
• Non-profits and community-based organizations with programs focused on music and arts partnerships or who are interested in partnerships with colleges, universities or K-12 schools.
• K-12 teachers, administrators and staff interested in the music and arts.
Please RSVP here: K-16 Partnerships Registration
PHENND University Partner Meetings bring together university, nonprofit, and school-based practitioners around common themes. Attendees will have the chance to ask questions of presenters, network with peers and obtain concrete information on how to connect with the School District of Philadelphia and schools in general. The three main goals for K-16 University Partners meetings are:
• provide practitioners with “take aways” (e.g. ideas you can adapt for use in your own programs)
• exposure to new and innovative programs and practices
• introduction to key School District personnel and strategies
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Next Steps AmeriCorps Program Manager, PHENND
- Service Stories: Episode 2
- Webinar: Global Teaching and Learning in the Time of COVID-19: Open Access, Virtual Collaborations and New Global Learning Pathways – Aug 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.